You come home after a long, tiring day at work. Your kids come running along, and your face lights up. Just as you are about to slide into the comfortable embrace of your good old couch, your wife tells you that the kids were playing on the couch, and it broke a leg. With a sigh of exasperation, you put your bag on the table and head towards the bathroom. In your hurry, your shoulder scrapes against the wall, and you notice a bit of plaster from the wall comes off right in front of your eyes. And, when this happens, you know it is time that you finally renovated your house.
Most of us push off home renovation or repairs until the water, metaphorically, goes over our heads. Small and insignificant repairs that demand our attention are stalled off until the last possible moment, which is usually when they become big and significant hazards. If you’ve been putting off home repairs and renovation for a while, here are a few tips on how best to renovate your house:
The interior of your house should be based on the personality you carry. The very style and essence of a home give people an impression of the resident’s persona. Try keeping the interiors within a certain theme, preferably one that suits your taste, to make your house more charismatic, comfortable and welcoming for you.
Same coloured walls for rooms and walls? Scrap it off. Give your home a fresh coat of paint and even new layers of protective coats. Keep the colour combination based on the direction the windows are facing. If the windows open eastwards, paint the opposite wall with fresh colours. Similarly, in the rooms that have west-facing windows, warm tones would be an ideal choice.
The manner in which you decorate your house is a great indication of the aura and ambience it will emit. Your home is an environment that you create yourself, hence should be a perfect balance of taste, grace, and sophistication; at the same time, it must exude calmness, warmth, and friendliness. Plants around the house are one great way of achieving this as they add a natural touch to the overall mood of the place.
Curtains, especially when colour-coordinated with the walls and the background are a major plus, as is the lighting. A chandelier in the hall is a great add-on to the house and modern lights that are strategically positioned in accordance with an individual’s various moods and tastes definitely add to the charm.
Gone are the days of carpeting the entire floor of your house. Also, out of vogue is the concept of tiling all floors. The latest craze is flooring with hardwood, which not only adds a beautiful aesthetic touch but it also easier to clean and maintain. With sturdy and beautiful options like teak, oak, and rosewood, wooden floors are the best alternative to conservative flooring options. If original wooden floors are eating into your renovation budget, you can also go for faux wood laminates, that for all intents and textures, is exactly the same as real wood.
It is often said that you are what you eat. But what about ‘where’ you eat? A kitchen is arguably both the busiest and the most peaceful place in a home. After all, people tend to mellow down after a hearty and delicious meal. Keeping in mind both the ease of the person who is cooking and the comfort of the people who’ll eat afterward, it is necessary that we pay special attention to how we furnish our kitchen. Cutlery trays, rolling shelves and drawers, and wooden cabinets at eye level are some basic things to ensure the ease of access to the cook while maintaining the essence of a beautiful interior. Similarly, a spacious dining table is also important to elevate the kitchen’s ambience.
People are usually in a hurry during the morning shower and their bathrooms must be designed to ensure that they can get ready for the day in the shortest time possible. At the same time, they must be spacious and inviting to help you relax during a long bath after a hard day of work. Begone with the old bathtub with ugly old water stains and the rusty taps and showers. Match your bathtub with your basins, pedestals, and other accessories, and you have the recipe for a perfect bathroom right there.
Last, but not the least, a little lamp here, a little laughing Buddha there, along with various other trinkets of delight spread across the house, is a guaranteed way to lift your spirits even on the gloomiest of days. It is these little additions and quirks that will add personality to your home and help you create memories. Once you’ve achieved that, you’ll see your house transforming into a fortress of peace, joy, and love, or simply put, a home.
Achieving this state of bliss, however, is easier said than done. You may find more problems with the house as you begin to work on existing issues. For instance, fixing a leaky faucet might reveal the need to change rusty pipes and sewage, or changing the wall paint might help you identify a white-ant infestation, which will require fumigation.
You may also find yourself hard-strapped for the extra money to undertake all these expenses. It’s mostly due to the paucity of funds that people usually keep postponing home repairs but end up paying a higher amount in the longer run. There are a variety of ways in which you can fund your home repair renovation, and one of the most popular ones is to take a short-term personal loan.
Personal Loans for Home Improvement
Personal loans are usually given without any security or collateral and can be used by the customer for any purpose. Unlike secured loans like education loans, business loans or home loans, personal loans can be used for a variety of things and are becoming increasingly popular as a source of instant cash. Not just home renovations, but personal loans are being used to take care of emergencies as well.
PaySense offers personal loans for home improvement up to Rs. 5,00,000 without any collateral or security. With PaySense, you not only get instant approval to your loan application but can complete the entire process from the comfort of your home using the PaySense mobile app. What’s more, you also get to choose between different repayment plans to make sure that you can manage the EMIs comfortably with your other finances. To know more about how to take a personal loan from PaySense and check your eligibility, please write to us at [email protected]
Personal Loans for Home Renovation: Pros and Cons
It is critical to understand the concepts, terms, and process of personal loans before availing one. While on the one hand, it is instant money delivered to your account in a short span of time, and that too without any collateral; on the other these loans generally have a higher interest rate than that of banks. But again, personal loans do not require you to go through extensive background verifications and usually accept a single-step KYC verification.
Quick, efficient and hassle-free, personal loans enable you to do things you want to and at the time when you want to do them. They save much more than just your time by helping you avoid a great deal of fatigue and ensuring your peace of mind. That being said, we also need to keep a few things in mind when taking out a personal loan.
Any loan, in its essence, is a debt and comes with its own share of terms, conditions, fees, penalties, repayment cycles, etc. Here are a few pointers you should keep in mind while taking a personal loan.
- The loan amount: Consider your resources, and only borrow as much as you absolutely need, no matter the loan amount you are eligible for. The lesser the amount, the more quickly you can pay it off. As a thumb rule, do not borrow more than 50% of your credit line unless absolutely necessary.
- The interest rate: Different lenders offer different rates of interest on their loans; so, weigh your options carefully, and choose wisely, as it is the rate of interest that will have a significant impact on both your installment amount and your repayment duration. While banks may offer you lower interest rates, lenders offering personal loans will naturally charge higher owing to the increased risk factor and lack of collateral. PaySense offers some of the lowest interest rates in the personal loans industry.
- The time: Repayment period or the time over which you pay off your debt is a matter of careful consideration as well. In a perfect world, one would expect to pay off a loan as soon as possible, and hence look for the shortest duration, but that also means higher EMI’s and doling out larger amounts of money from your pocket every month. It is best to balance the EMI amount with the repayment tenure to ensure that you do not pay a high-interest amount. PaySense allows all its customers to choose the repayment schedule and EMI amount of their liking.
- The EMI amount: The principal amount, interest and repayment duration together form the EMI, and while you repay the loan, it will turn out to be the most important number for a prospective borrower. Take stock of your monthly earnings and expenses to determine the amount you can comfortably pay off as EMIs and then select the amount.
- The lender: Gone are the days when you had to go to banks and wait long periods to get a loan. But with the advent of the digital age, we have so many options available, it is advised to do a thorough background check beforehand. Make sure to check the history and authenticity of the lender before signing the loan agreement.
- Availability: How much time does it take for the loan to be approved and credited to you is also a factor to be considered. In most cases, we require the money urgently, and short disbursement periods are a boon. PaySense provides the approval to loan applications within two working hours and disburses the loan amount within 3-4 days as well.
Apart from the above, keep an eye out for costs like processing fee, prepayment, and late payment fees, and take a decision accordingly. Beware of clauses or terms that do not specify the exact amount or the formula for calculating the same.
The Final Word on Personal Loans for Home Improvement
In an age filled with people leading such hectic and stressful lives, we often tend to overlook small things that could make a major difference. While it can be safely assumed that refurbishing a house is no menial job, we should not forget that it is not a Herculean task either. Sure, given some of the exorbitant interest rates, one might feel a tad bit apprehensive about taking a personal loan, but at the end of the day, they are the surest and quickest way to get instant cash. Make sure you set a budget, plan your purchases, and find the best deals to ensure that you can furnish your home on a budget.
Personal loans like the ones from PaySense provide you a timely credit, hence giving you a great way to finance your aspirations of furnishing and improving your house and turning it into your dream home. So, if you’ve been thinking of getting some repair work done or redoing your house, don’t hold yourself back because you are running short of cash. Get the PaySense instant loan mobile app to check your eligibility and credit line, and get a short-term personal loan for all your home improvement requirements.
Apply for Loans of upto ₹5 Lakhs easily using your phone or laptop, and pay back on low EMIs