When you approach banks or money lending institutions for a credit card or personal loan, the first order of business is checking your credit score. Your credit score, or CIBIL (Credit Information Bureau Limited) score, is a record of your credit history, which includes the amount of credit availed by you, your ability to repay, etc.
Credit or CIBIL score is a number that tells the financial institution how responsible you are with your credit – i.e., credit card repayments and loans. This number establishes your creditworthiness and helps lenders decide how much money they can lend you and at what interest rate.
Based on the information with the credit bureau, you are assigned a score, which ranges between 300 and 900. If you make timely payments of your bills and EMIs, you have a higher CIBIL score, but if you skip payments or fail to pay back the loan you have borrowed on time, your score gradually goes down.
Sometimes banks reject loan applications if the credit score is low, while sometimes, they charge a higher rate of interest. While the best measure is to have a good credit score, if you have a credit score between 600 and 700, you still can manage to secure a personal loan. The following are some of the best options.
Platforms Where You Can Get A Personal Loan With Credit Score Between 600 and 700
PaySense Personal Loans
PaySense is a leading lender of unsecured personal loans in India. Started in 2015, the company is headquartered in Mumbai and is present in nearly 45 cities all across India. PaySense has rapidly grown in the last few years to become leaders in the unsecured personal loan industry in the country.
Since PaySense offers unsecured personal loans, the organization doesn’t take into account your CIBIL score while offering you a credit line. You can get an online personal loan for buying a car, two-wheeler, electronics, traveling, wedding, festivals, home renovation, and all other personal requirements.
- A paperless and digital process
- Low and affordable interest rates
- Requires no collateral or securities
- Loan amounts up to Rs. 5,00,000
- Freedom to choose a repayment plan and EMIs
- Instant approval to loan applications (on the same day within two hours)
- Repayment tenures from 3 months to 60 months
- You must be a citizen and resident of India, and be residing in one of the cities where PaySense offers its services
- You must have an active bank account
- You must be aged between 21 to 60 years
- You must have a minimum monthly salary of Rs. 12,000 (salaried individuals) or Rs. 15,000 (self-employed individuals)
- Proof of Identity: Aadhar card, Voter ID card or PAN card
- Proof of address: Aadhar card, Voter ID card, rental agreement, utility bills
- Proof of salary: Bank account statement for the last 3 months
- A photograph (or selfie)
- The processing fee is 2.5% (+GST) of the loan amount
- The interest rate ranges from 10.99 percent to 20.75 percent per annum
Download Instant Personal Loan App – PaySense Now!
IIFL Personal Loans
IIFL, or India Infoline Limited, is a leading diversified financial company based in India. Headquartered at Mumbai, IIFL deals with a lot of financial services starting from offering commercial vehicle loan, gold loans, home loans, personal loans, SME loans, to loans against property, wealth management, and investment banking.
- Loan disbursal within 8 hours
- Eligibility check within one minute
- Loan amount up to Rs. 25,00,000
- Simple documentation
- You have to be a salaried individual with an income of Rs. 35,000 per month or more
- You should be aged between 25 years to 60 years
- You must reside in any of the following cities: Bengaluru, Delhi and NCR, Mumbai including Thane and Vashi, and Pune
- You must be working for at least 6 months or more in the current organization
- You must have at least 2 years of total work experience
- You must provide your Aadhar number for the eKYC process.
- Your ID Proof will be needed if the eKYC is not done
- Your address proof if the eKYC is not done
- Your salary slips for the last three months
- Your bank statement for the last three months
- Your rent agreement, if applicable
- The rate of interest ranges from 12.99% to 19.99% per annum
- The processing fee ranges from 1% to 2% of the loan amount
RBL Personal Loans
Founded in 1943, RBL Bank is one of the oldest private sector banks in India and also one of the fastest-growing private sector banks in India. RBL offers its services in the following five sectors: agricultural development banking, commercial banking, corporate and institutional banking, financial market access, and retail banking.
- Attractive interest rates
- Fast and easy documentation process
- Maximum tenure is 5 years
- Convenient repayment options
- Maximum loan of Rs. 20 lakhs for salaried individuals and Rs. 10 lakhs for self-employed individuals
- You have to be either a salaried professional or self-employed individual
- Salaried individuals must have a monthly income of Rs. 25,000, and self-employed individuals must have an annual income of Rs. 15,00,000.
- Salaried individuals must be at least 25 years and a maximum of 60 years of age; self-employed individuals must be at least 25 years and a maximum of 65 years of age.
- You must have work experience of at least 36 month
- You need to submit your PAN Card
- You need to submit your ID Proof
- You need to provide your bank statement for the last three months and the salary slip of the last two months
- You also need to provide your current address, driving license, passport, rent agreement, utility bills, and voter ID
- You need to submit two passport size photographs
- The rate of interest ranges from from13.99 % to 16% per annum
- The processing fee is 2% of the loan amount
Fullerton Personal Loans
Launched in January 2007, Fullerton India is an NBFC that primarily offers retail finance products to rural households and small and medium enterprises in India. Today it has over 626 branches in the country and serves over 2.8 million customers.
Fullerton offers loans for commercial vehicles and two-wheelers, loans against property, loans for rural livelihood advancement, home improvement loans, personal loans, rural housing finance, working capital loans for urban self-employed, etc.
- Loan up to Rs. 30, 00, 000 for self-employed individuals and Rs. 20, 00, 000 for salaried individuals
- Quick and easy approvals
- Transfer balance of existing personal loans
- Repayment tenures between 24 to 48 months.
- You have to be either a salaried individual or self-employed individual
- You must be at least 21 years during loan application, and maximum 65 years of age at the time of loan maturity
- You should earn at least Rs. 15,000 per month, but if you leave in a metro city, your salary must be at least Rs. 20,000 per month
- You must be a resident of India
- You need to submit the application form with a recent photograph
- You need to submit Form 16 (ITR)
- You need to submit an ID proof which could be your passport or driving license, PAN card or Voter ID card
- You need to submit your age proof (PAN card, passport, any other certificate from a statutory authority) and address proof (ration card, rental agreement, driving license, passport, bank passbook, or utility bills)
- Bank statements of the last six months or your salary slips of the last three months
- You need to submit income tax returns of the previous 3 years
- You need to submit the processing fee via cheque
- You must also submit your experience letter of the previous 2 years, including your current work experience proof.
- The rate of interest starts at 17% per annum
- The rate of processing fee is 2% onwards
There is no short cut when it comes to maintaining a good CIBIL score. However, if your CIBIL score is not up to the mark and ranges somewhere between 600 and 700 and you are in urgent need of money, you can opt for the personal loan options mentioned above.
However, before you apply for a personal loan, do check the eligibility criteria, the rate of interest and other fees carefully. Reading the loan agreement carefully before signing it can help you make smarter financial decisions. Remember, it doesn’t take long for a loan to become a liability.
Hence, always choose the right lender, compare the rate of interests, and repay your EMIs on time. There are ample options for individuals with average credit scores to avail personal loans in today’s market; however, the only way to improve your score is to consistently repay your EMIs and close your loan on time.
Apply for Loans of upto ₹5 Lakhs easily using your phone or laptop, and pay back on low EMIs